100 years of high-class workmanship
1919 – 2019
In 1919, everything started with wooden products for households, when Ferdinand Köhler founded his company in Schmalnau, Germany. Originally, the focus had been set on the trading of wooden products, which were traditionally made in the region at private homes. A few years after the company was founded, he started his own mechanical production of tensioning saws and housewares, which expanded by a sawmill in 1928.
After the founder’s death, his son Helmut took over the management of the company, which expanded in 1976 with a new production hall in the Brückenstraße in Schmalnau. The development of new materials led to the conversion of the assortment to solid wood parts for the furniture industry.
The capacitites have since been constantly expanded. Today the production covers around 12.000 m² and an innovative machine park for series and commission production. The Ferdinand Köhler GmbH is run by the third generation now.
The product range extends from drawers and boxes to kitchen equipment such as cutlery inserts, pull-outs and other accessoires made of solid wood and wood-based materials. Customers include renowned manufactures from the furniture industry, trade and crafts in Germany and abroad.